If mold is present in a home., the next question has to be how do we get rid of it.
Review of various literature on the internet gives a host of home remedies, probably the most common being the use of chlorine bleach.
As discussed in other articles, we know that mold is a fungus which grows a root structure that deeply embeds itself into building materials. Since building materials are often porous substances such as wood and drywall, the roots must be killed to prevent re-growth of the mold
Bleach is a disinfectant and works effectively at killing bacteria’s and viruses on solid, non porous surfaces such as countertops, tubs and glass. It has not been proven effective in killing molds especially when used at the concentrations found in regular retail products.
Since Household Bleach is 99% water the chlorine bleaches the surface and makes it look like the mold has been killed but the ionic structure of bleach prevents chlorine from penetrating into porous materials, The water does in fact penetrate but ends up only feeding the mold. That is why the mold growth returns within a few days, usually darker and more concentrated than before.